The word cleanse means to remove dirt from, to free from dirt, and to purify.
Years of improper bowel habits, eating habits, and lack of exercise bring on diseases. When we cleanse out the garbage (with parasites and other invaders), we can begin to get energy, vitality and feel and look younger.
Two main factors affect our health are TOXICITY and DEFICIENCY. Toxic overload includes pollutants and parasites. Nutritional deficiencies are the nutrients your body is lacking.
The colon is really the body’s sewage system. If the sewer backs up, toxins become trapped, and are reabsorbed into the blood stream.
Dr. Norman Walker said,
Not to cleanse the colon is like having the entire garbage collection staff in your city go on strike for days on end. The accumulation of garbage in the streets creates putrid, odoriferous, unhealthy gases which are dispersed into the atmosphere.
The old encrusted fecal matter from the walls of the colon must be cleaned away, and waste matter must be eliminated regularly.
If you are totally new to Cleansing, Detox, Rebuilding and getting Healthy, I recommend that you start here. And it doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg.
Step 1: Do a Total Health Assessment How do you feel now? Go to our FREE Symptom Checklist to begin your self-assessment today. Get your starting point for reference and document the areas that you want to see improvement. Complete Step 1 before moving to Step 2.
Step 2: Know your Bowel Transit Time. Here’s how.
Ingredients: Cooked beets or 1 can of kernel corn.
Eat a bowl of the beets or corn in one sitting. Count the hours until you see the red beets or yellow corn in the toilet, then you know how many hours it took for food to get from your mouth to your other end. The ideal time should be less than 12 hours. If it is longer, you are considered constipated, and will be getting sick sooner or later.
Step 3. Drink Water Begin by drinking 8 glasses of water a day. I mean WATER. Not soda and pop, fruit drinks, coffee, sugar drinks. Caffeine and sugar drinks actually dehydrate your body.
“Water is the main solvent for all foods, vitamins, and minerals. It is used in the breakdown of food into smaller particles and their eventual metabolism and assimilation into the cells.” F. Batmanghelidj, M.D.
Your body is actually 60% water and every system in your body relies on water to function properly. It is essential to good health. Pure water every day is each body’s perfect system flusher. Water prevents loosened toxins from being reabsorbed.
Many health problems can be alleviated just by drinking 8 glasses of water a day, and this will only cost you pennies.
Step 4. Adjust your Eating Habits Increase your high-fiber foods. Eat at least 1/2 of your diet as raw vegetables and fruits. Vegetables have good fiber and minerals. A diet high in fiber appears to reduce the risk of developing diseases such as diverticulitis, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and constipation, and has been shown to promote peristaltic movement (move your bowels) and also help with hormone balance. See 14 Constipation Home Recipes.
Some TIPS on increasing daily fiber intake are:
- Eat whole fruits instead of fruit juices
- Replace white bread, white rice and pasta with whole-grain foods
- Eat whole-grain porridge each day. Otherwise known as “Constipation Porridge”, this chewy and tastes great, and above all is highly nutritious
- Snack on fresh, raw vegetables and not chips, crackers and cookies
- Include whole-grains and legumes in main dishes and salads
- Substitute beans/lentils in soups, stews and chili in place of meat (which has NO fiber)
Step 5. Exercise every day. Some say that exercise enhances happiness and reduces stress. I have certainly found that to be true. It is said that exercise is the ultimate energizer and detoxifier. Exercise enhances blood flow and circulation and speeds up the cleansing and removal of toxins through the cells, the lungs and skin as you sweat. Good blood flow and circulation brings oxygen to the body – good for proper brain function as well as a lot of other cleansing actions by the body.
The body’s lymph system is a cleansing system, designed to cleanse out toxic pools that have collected in the body. Your lymphatic system is energized only by exercising, and no other way. It does not have a pump of its own. When you exercise, you are energizing your lymphatic system and helping to cleanse and clean out toxic waste from the body.
You can begin exercising for FREE!
Some TIPS on including exercise in your life:
- Begin by going for a 20-minute walk every morning. Increase it gradually until you are walking 30-45 minutes each day.
- Get exercise DVD’s/videos and books from the library on aerobic exercise, total body workout, pilates, yoga, core and abs, or dance. You can get started in the comfort of your own home, and rotate through different methods.
- Make exercise a part of your life – walk or bike instead of drive, walk erect with good posture, walk up stairs instead of taking the elevator, swimming, etc.
- Use a mini-trampoline for 20 minutes each day to help your lymphatic system
- Rocking in a chair is even helpful for those who cannot use their legs
- Get out there and do something.
- Keep it simple and make it fun!
Step 6. Get Started NOW! Here at this site we have many different ideas for you with cleanses that range from 1 day to 1 month, cleanses where you add tasty vegetable juices to your diet, cleanses where you brew up tea, cleanses where you follow directions to cleanse your liver or colon, and cleansing activities like exercising. Read through the different cleanse options, choose a cleanse and do it. If you are new to the idea of cleansing, we recommend beginning with a juice cleanse which tastes nice, and nourishes the entire body immediately.