CELERY SEED TEA
Kidney Cleansing Tea
Apart from being a great tasting herb in potato salad and grandma’s relish, celery seeds are helpful for people suffering from kidney problems, and acts directly on the kidneys as a natural diuretic (eliminates water from the body) helping to eliminate toxic buildup in the joints.
Celery seeds are full of potassium and natural organic sodium, which help your body to cleanse wastes from areas such as the skin, bowels and kidneys. It helps the acid-alkaline balance in the body and is helpful for cleansing from excess uric acid. Do not drink this tea if you are pregnant.
1 tbsp celery seeds (ground or cut)
1 pint of boiling water
Steep and then let cool. Strain and drink. Best if made fresh.
Drink 3 cups a day for 3 days a week.
Celery Seed Healthful Properties:
- Celery seed has been used for Urinary Tract disorders because of anti-bacterial properties
- Diuretic – eliminates water from the body
- Helpful for gout and eliminating uric acid from the body
- Tea has been used for headaches
- Best use is to make very tasty chicken soup and added to turkey dressing.